dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Day 4--I think that's the right number...

(I'll have to fix the image size later.. roomate is wanting to sleep... the light is keeping him up)

Day 4, eh? It feels so weird being here. The people are so amazing, I've been confused all day because it feels like I know these people... like I REALLY know them. It's weird that there are communities out there that really care and that are dedicated to growing (sounds like a cult huh... meh... probably is). I figured that I can post about the day with pictures...

---RANDOM SIDE NOTE---
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is Andy--he is amazingly cool, the New Zealand kid. We really really really like him.
---RANDOM SIDE NOTE---

Earlier today we were going to go to church for the first time, so we ate breakfast and then we were supposed to go to the shuttles. SOOO we left and we waited... and waited... and WAITED. It was so funny because we just sat around adn waitted while everyone kept getting into the vans ... well... we never ended up going to church. Chris was so sad that our Cuban-American friend Corena (spelling?) was consoling him...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


He felt much better--in fact--he was praying to God... [video clip to come, after it's been verified by Google...]

Chris and I worked out and then we got a few people together to go snorkeling. We hitch hiked over to this place, well we walked really far and we got lost, but once we got there... it was worth it!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


See...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(you can see the turtle that we touched in this pic)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's hardcore... just look at that man sweat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hehe Chris forced me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now we're just cute...

We stayed a while, Taylor and Chris both stepped on a sea Urchin which was no good. But overall it was fun getting off the base--we'll go to Chilrens Beach later to actually go snorkeling in a better spot... we'll probably see more on our own again anyway. Well we traveled back, and this time, we got a ride all the way back to town...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


[Video pending, while Google decides if it is decent or not...;o)]

We went to see Wedding Crashers today and it was funny, for the third time, and then we just hung out. It was a long day, can't you tell..., but a fun one.

Tomorrow we start class. I am really excited, I hope to be challenged and ... well.. stupid. How fun would it be to come here and be dumber than everyone else. If that were the case then I would get to grow intellectually ... hopefully that happens. New paradigms would be a sweet thing. Anyway I need some sleep, I am very tired. Love ya'll talk to you soon!
---
-justy
Justin, 11:36 PM

1 [comments...]

that beach looked really cool... haha I liked the part "sounds like a cult huh... meh... probably is"... hahahaha oh man I love you justy...

--Mikey
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

[Add a comment]