dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Day 6-ish

Alrighty, so I've recovered from my drug overdose--well not really an overdose--but a small case of the not taking the recommended amount of anti-hystamine. (I officially cannot spell...) My computer is finally working so things are looking up...

Today... today... today. What the heck happened today? OH! Pastor Tex--this guy that is from Solid Rock Church here in Kona--came and spoke. He was amazing (when you say Tex ... you have to realize that he is half Japanese and Half--something else--not a guy from Texas... his name is too hard to say... hence--Pastor Tex.) In any case Pastor Tex came and spoke on general things but he was a very very excellent communicator. He was very engaging and funny, it was almost like a standup routine. It was freakin' awesome. He talked to us about reaching out to those around us in this Post-Modern culture. That if we are to reach this generation that it doesn't matter how much head knowledge we have but its more about how much we care.

"People don't care about how much you know, until they know how much you care!"

That was a quote that he told us, along with a TON, of useful information. I was amazing, I filled up a few notebook pages with quotes and info and it was awesome... HE DIDN'T TEACH WITH NOTES. I love it... if lecture stays like this for the rest of the time I'm here then we are set. It'll be awesome.

After that we had lunch, I'm starting to get sick of the same old stuff for dinner--i know I'm talking about lunch... but dinner never changes. Peanut Butter and Jellies (which can be made at EVERY meal) are looking better and better everyday.

We got our work duties today, everyone on base from 3-5 during the week has to work on the base. It is about us humbling ourselves to serve around the base and also for us to take ownership in the base that is ours to live on. It was interesting, I am going to be working in Computer Services. Basically I get to fix computers and do networking stuff, they said that I might be able to learn Programming too--which should be a bunch of fun.

Then after dinner we went back to our Outside classroom that overlooks the ocean and we told about how God got us to Y.W.A.M. it was very encouraging and it was interesting to see the hearts of the people around us. I love it.

Chris and I hung out with a few people for a bit afterwards and then we hit the weights, oh we are buff boys, let me tell you... ;o) I think that's about it--I'm pretty detailed... I figure that if I write it all down that I can look back on it later and be really happy because my memory fails me all too much. I'll talk to ya'll later... hearts to all!

: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:01 PM

3 [comments...]

Deb says hello. She misses you today :)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:58 PM  
Okay so i read it again!!!!
Congratulations Chris!!!!!!!!!!
I need to work on my REading skills!!!!!! God is Good!!!!
Goodnite!!! HAHAHHAAHHAAH
luv yas!!
Joe
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 PM  
Go God it's your B-Day Shake your Booty!!! HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
Big DAve, You reading all this??
I'm waiting for one of your many words of wisdom for these 2!!!
Joe
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

[Add a comment]