dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Thursday, October 27, 2005
The Divine Plumb Line...
Today was the day of Plumb Line ministry.
Our facilitator was named Carolyn, and she was amazing. Her method of 'counseling' persay has a really cool name... and I can't remember what it is right now. But basically it is shining God's light and perspective on our lives and on the situations that we struggle with; while we process through and replace the lies that we have accepted as truth, with God's truth.
Sounds compicated,eh? Well it is really quite simple, she let us talk and we took one issue at a time and we talked them through. We found God's perspective and then we corrected out perspectives to fit that one.
They had a really neat chart that labeled out the healing process.
1) Expose the wound - confess it
2) Cleanse the wound - repent of it
3) Remove foreign bodies - forgive those involved
4) Apply Anti-biotic - taking perspective with the cross
5) Dress the wound - patience with growing on
6) The Scar - Remembering what was healed and to be greatful of it.
It was very neat to see the other guys my age being vulnerable and transperant, not that I enjoy them being vulnerable, but it was neat to grow with them to a point where they trusted me as they shared. We all made HUGE progress through the Plumb Line thing and we've all walked away with a new perspective on how we should live life.
Mine was, as cliche as it sounds, that Jesus had and always will be in the situations of my life. When I thought back to my past hurts I saw Jesus in the corners of them grieving as I grieved. I was never really alone... even if I felt as if I was. It was really powerful for me. And that I can't live my life with the idea that people are always going to leave me--becuase, as stated before, God will never leave me. ... and he hasn't yet. Oh, and one day, I will have a freakin' kick butt wife...and it's going to be awesome.
SOOO. Now that we've come so far... I am going to bed. Much love to you.
: : : justy : : :
Our facilitator was named Carolyn, and she was amazing. Her method of 'counseling' persay has a really cool name... and I can't remember what it is right now. But basically it is shining God's light and perspective on our lives and on the situations that we struggle with; while we process through and replace the lies that we have accepted as truth, with God's truth.
Sounds compicated,eh? Well it is really quite simple, she let us talk and we took one issue at a time and we talked them through. We found God's perspective and then we corrected out perspectives to fit that one.
They had a really neat chart that labeled out the healing process.
1) Expose the wound - confess it
2) Cleanse the wound - repent of it
3) Remove foreign bodies - forgive those involved
4) Apply Anti-biotic - taking perspective with the cross
5) Dress the wound - patience with growing on
6) The Scar - Remembering what was healed and to be greatful of it.
It was very neat to see the other guys my age being vulnerable and transperant, not that I enjoy them being vulnerable, but it was neat to grow with them to a point where they trusted me as they shared. We all made HUGE progress through the Plumb Line thing and we've all walked away with a new perspective on how we should live life.
Mine was, as cliche as it sounds, that Jesus had and always will be in the situations of my life. When I thought back to my past hurts I saw Jesus in the corners of them grieving as I grieved. I was never really alone... even if I felt as if I was. It was really powerful for me. And that I can't live my life with the idea that people are always going to leave me--becuase, as stated before, God will never leave me. ... and he hasn't yet. Oh, and one day, I will have a freakin' kick butt wife...and it's going to be awesome.
SOOO. Now that we've come so far... I am going to bed. Much love to you.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:09 PM
4 [comments...]
hey justin! i can't find your email address anywhere.... i wanna send ya some pics.
alison_d_lam@yahoo.ca
alison_d_lam@yahoo.ca
hey, can you send me the html coding for putting a video into my blog post? or come over and show me? building 4, room 94... help!!!!!!!!! lol bye!
alison
alison
Hey yeah send me the how to put a video in my blog too!!!
i have had one for a few months kinda boring right now, no time to put the pics i want but i would like to do music if possible and short videos.
Let me know!!!Please!!!!
now you're talking about Roaches, aren't those a delecasy as wel?? HAHAHAHAHA
God Bless
Joe
i have had one for a few months kinda boring right now, no time to put the pics i want but i would like to do music if possible and short videos.
Let me know!!!Please!!!!
now you're talking about Roaches, aren't those a delecasy as wel?? HAHAHAHAHA
God Bless
Joe
, at 9:23 PM
Hey justin, that sounds so cool, what a great experience! WE MISS YOU!!!!
kayla
kayla
, at 6:44 AM

