dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Happy H-day! Hopefully you had some fun eating candy, or just celebrating something for the sake of celebrating...

Today we had lecuture most of the day--the speakers had heart, a bit fanatical, but they had heart. Lots of good information and they had good perspective. However in their examples they were a bit ... sketchy. No worries though we work past that. ;o)

Then we -- wow hold on I am talking to Paul he is asking us to speak with him he is taking ESL classes so we are doing homework with him --...he is confronting my other room mates about the messy room. This is funny. Our room is a disaster area. It's freakin' amazing. I love Koreans. He is laying down the law... about the room rules. It's freakin' amazing. So basically Paul has conveyed that it is the rooms responsibility to keep the kitchen and the bathroom clean. He did it in the most Korean way possible (which I've learned is the lest confrontational because getting angry is looseing face and that is something that is not looked favorably upon). He is definatly amazing and he's very thoughtful. I am amazed.

So about the rest of today--seminar then work duty--then after that Chris and I and the Compassion DTS went and volunteered at Solid Rock's Candy Land party. It was really cool they had Candy Land decorations and everything and some really cool things for the kids to do. Chris ran a basketball shoot game where the kids get two shots; and I ran a mini obstacle course. The course consisted of a punching bag and some tires to run through... it was cool.

I came back to my room and I watched '28 days later...' with Isaac, Nina, and Andy. It was a really good movie, it fit for the whole H-day thing. Scary and intense and it was a british film that had a lot of good footage and camera angle shots. I was happy. So... bed time is here... and there I go.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:33 PM

3 [comments...]

I had fundips... those are good.... but I mainly did homework and played wow for halloween... 28 days later was ok... well... back to wow....
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  
OMG Chris and Justy??!>!<>..,!?>
well, you guys need to come back and play WoW, but Hawaii looks cooler than here so just fly me and mike there. i just died on Wow... gotta get my corpse, later guys, have fun.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  
My halloween - i just went to class, worked - where the kids were pretty much nuts, um came home handed out some candy, helped kris with spanish and went to bed before 9 cause i had to get up at 530 this morning, yay.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:24 PM  

[Add a comment]