dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Iron Man Triathlon...

Today was a very very long day. We, all of YWAM, helped staff some of the Iron Man Triathlon. The Triathlon consists of a 2.4 mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride, and a marathon run. These people are freakin' amazing. There were people, men and woman alike, as young as 19 to as old as 80 that completed this thing. It was amazing.

Chris and I were stationed at an Aide Station, along with our Korean friend Youngil. We had so much fun today. We were there at 9:00 setting up the aide station, getting the supplies ready, and what not and we got our first runner (they had already swam and biked and our job was to give them the stuff that they needed) at like 2:00. My job was to hold up this stuff called Power Gel, basically it was pure Carbohydrates (80% complex carbs, and 20% simple carbs -- hey... it was an educational day too) but it was goopy. Like sticky slime that you try and drink ... it was safe to say that many atheletes didn't take the gel. Chris' job was varied--he floated around because we seemed to have not enough people but too many people at the same time... think about that one... it hurts... but it makes sense. ;o) He did everything from giving sponges to the athletes, to giving water/cola (which i didn't understand why they'd want cola)/gatorade/ice and powerbars to them. It was very long. Chris and I got done at like 4:30 and we came back to campus...and slept, and as it so happens that we actually fell asleep in the same bed (which for some of the people here was a big deal... we just laughed... and went back to sleep). After which we went into town to see some of the final athletes in. We also did the role of catchers, which basically means that when someone crosses the finish line that you go beside them, put a towel around them, and walk them to the med station. I guess that in the past Iron Man has had people cross the finish line and collapse. ... so we did that as well. We ate some Dominoes Pizza--and played guitar--and now I'm here... ready for bed. Check out the pics and movie... they're good. Love ya,
: : : jusy : : :
-------------
Here's Chris, lovin' the ocean...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's Justin, lovin' the ... mountain... and his job.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Here's Youngil--bein' amazing!!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


... Now... Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, people of all ages please welcome to the stage Youngil and Chris as they re-inact all of what we did during the Triathlon... here we goo....




And also, Chris playing the director, and Justin... doing his job...




Oh and you can't forget Chris getting excited...




That's it! :o)
Justin, 11:59 AM

5 [comments...]

Sounds like you guys had alot of fun. The pictures and videos are great.
Shannon
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  
thats so great guys- wow that looks fun. Sorry no one wanted the gel justy. I would have taken it from you - maybe. Hehe well yeah today for me I just went to church, Matt and I went clothes shopping and he got some new stuff. I didnt by ANYTHING - if you can believe that! I know...crazy. Yeah and we had lunch with like Jeremy, Rachel, kris, and Micha and stuff. It was good. I am back to school tomorrow - almost everyone else is on break this week except us college kids :( Oh well midterms are ...fun.... hehe anyways, we love you guys, miss you, i loved those pics and videos, keep puttin them up! And Tell your Korean friend i said hi!
Love, Kaylala
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  
Kayla you're amazing. I love ya! I really really really really appreciate the updates... and thanks for wanting to take my gel. You're so cool! :o) Talk to you soon!!!
Blogger Justin, at 10:39 PM  
Shannon you're pretty much amazing ! :o)
Blogger Justin, at 10:40 PM  
that powerjel is amazing stuff, once I killed a whole army of mexican bandidos with it... it... was crazy.. then I got some chimichongas!!! EIEIEI!

damn... I really want some fried burritos now... but I guess taquitos will do...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

[Add a comment]