dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, October 14, 2005

Koreans are freakin' amazing...

I had to most amazing day with my Korean room mates. During my work duty I work with one of my room mates named, Jin Young, he speaks a bit of english and he is very very cool. We talked during the entire 2 hour block that we had to work together. He was teaching me different things in Korean and I was talking to him about things in English. It was awesome.

When I got back to my room later this night Youngil asked if he could play my guitar. I let him and he was really excited, and he played some Korean worship songs on my guitar, and when he was done we talked some more. We talked about many different things about Korean vs American culture. The social norms, we showed me a picture of a girl that he wants to date when he gets back--God willing of course--and we just talked. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed the fact that we were able to talk for an extended amount of time. It was really amazing.

Jin Young and Youngil and and I talked together for like 2 hours... and now we are going to sleep. I don't think we would have had the opportunity to connect if I wouldn't have had the disagreement with my other roommate. It was pretty much as I entered the room thay my other roommate left and when he came back we all stopped talking--so it was very opportune that he wasn't around when we had the chance to connect. It was amazing. Stuff is looking up and I am very happy that I've connected with them. Anyways I'll be talking to you guys later... www.cyworld.com --I found out tonight, is like the Korean Myspace. It's very cool. Anyway I'll be talking to you soon. Night.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:51 PM

5 [comments...]

hey justy! i am so glad to hear that you got to connect with those guys and how that all came to happen. Thats really awesome :) Im glad for your guitar too!! yay - now you will have mad guitar skills when you get back! yay! well we are at midterm time right now at school back here and so thats pretty stressful but Everything else is good, we sure miss you guys! talk to you later!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:48 AM  
oh yeah and that www.cyworld.com thing- i checked it out! Sooo cool! hehe
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 AM  
woah holy crap I missed a lot of entries... ahh... I've been sleeping too much... too much world of warcraft and homework does a number on someone...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  
Hey guys, I'm from Canada and loving your blog. My husband and I want to do the DTS this time next year so we really enjoy reading your thoughts on everything. You keep mentioning the boring food. What exactly is it? We'd love to see pictures of your classrooms, pool, weight room, etc. God's got big plans for you guys! You are in my prayers.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  
hey did you show him a picture ofthe girl you want to date when you get back???????? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH
Luv ya !!!!
Joe
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

[Add a comment]