dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Oh the groggi-ness
I am trying to become un-groggy so that I can remember what happened today. I just finished with the coolest worship set in the world. There was thisband that was just playing music in the Prayer room and they were singing whatever they felt and it was neat. (It kind of reminds me, now that i think of it..., of a hippee drum circle...) IT was definatly an amazing time. I passed out at one point and now I am 'awake' and I am trying to recall the day.
Got up, like any other day, at a bagel and cream cheese from the Aloha Café... went to lecture. After lecture Chris, Jenna, and I went with Duane and Leanne Rawlins to Thai Food. The were treating us, they have become liek Grandparents too us in the short time that we have known them. They are really great people. They are leaving to Singapore tomorrow and we are not going to see them again until we get back from outreach so we spent some time together with them today. Duane and Leanne both gave us, the entire DTS, an individualized Bible verse that they felt God had for us. They gave me Galations 4:7. It's an interesting one, I'm not really sure what it means... if you have any thoughts let me know. Chris got something else... but I can't remember what it is.
Aperantly I am going to be doing Ohana Court worship, which means that when the DTS schools meet (the six of them) that our Compassion DTS team will do worship for them. This is a afew hundred people of my own age. IT's kind of a big thing in my head, but it's not a big thing at the same time. I will be singin... it definatly will be a stretching experience. :o)
Uhm. It's funny, I am in the DTS Lounge area and I type faster than the computer can comprehend. So I type, and it takes about a 4 second delay and I'm two lines down. So the typos are those thing that I am not going to fix because it takes too nmuch time. WOW. A HUGE cockroach just ran me on teh ground -- Kona Cruisers...a common name around here. Just thought you'd like to know. I heart you.
ONE last thing, the Plumb Line ministry day is tomorrow. Pray that God speaks in ways that we understand so that we can get the most out of it. Mary is doing better--the bleeding has stopped internally, keep praying. :o)Much love.
: : : justy : : :
Got up, like any other day, at a bagel and cream cheese from the Aloha Café... went to lecture. After lecture Chris, Jenna, and I went with Duane and Leanne Rawlins to Thai Food. The were treating us, they have become liek Grandparents too us in the short time that we have known them. They are really great people. They are leaving to Singapore tomorrow and we are not going to see them again until we get back from outreach so we spent some time together with them today. Duane and Leanne both gave us, the entire DTS, an individualized Bible verse that they felt God had for us. They gave me Galations 4:7. It's an interesting one, I'm not really sure what it means... if you have any thoughts let me know. Chris got something else... but I can't remember what it is.
Aperantly I am going to be doing Ohana Court worship, which means that when the DTS schools meet (the six of them) that our Compassion DTS team will do worship for them. This is a afew hundred people of my own age. IT's kind of a big thing in my head, but it's not a big thing at the same time. I will be singin... it definatly will be a stretching experience. :o)
Uhm. It's funny, I am in the DTS Lounge area and I type faster than the computer can comprehend. So I type, and it takes about a 4 second delay and I'm two lines down. So the typos are those thing that I am not going to fix because it takes too nmuch time. WOW. A HUGE cockroach just ran me on teh ground -- Kona Cruisers...a common name around here. Just thought you'd like to know. I heart you.
ONE last thing, the Plumb Line ministry day is tomorrow. Pray that God speaks in ways that we understand so that we can get the most out of it. Mary is doing better--the bleeding has stopped internally, keep praying. :o)Much love.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 9:57 PM