dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Saturday, October 22, 2005

[whaaa!]

SO. I'm here now to give you an update on what has happened for the past couple of days.

On Friday... we went camping.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Justin, Steven, Johnathon -- in the car getting ready to go... Chris is in the back... yup... he's there...:o)]

When we got to the beach that we were supposed to camp on ... we ... well... were unable to camp there. Because now that the beach is open to the public you can only stay there from 9am to 7 pm. So, we improvised. We hiked about 1/4 a mile south over this random lava rock stuff to the place where we camped. It was a bit rough, we have a few cuts, broken sandals, but... it was good times.

This is the sunset that we were blessed with...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[chris]

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[justy]

We broke out the food and we started making burgers and beans, ... but there was one small problem. ... We didn't have ANY untensils to flip the burgers... well... we figured out how too... :o)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[this is our spatula - yes... it IS the bean lid]

We also got our stuff ready for when we had to go to bed...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[if you look to the right of Chris you can see white rocks, we slept on those... no sand... white rocks. I loved every second of it.]

All of us guys stayed up late around the fire that we made and we had... a ROCK FIGHT! That's right, a freakin' rock fight, we tossed rocks at each other and we laughed when it hurt someone else. We are boys. It was awesome. We definatly did it for like an hour and a half. After our rock fight I went to bed... well sort of went to bed. This... was the bed that Chris and I shared (a tarp, well actually it was a bed cover, but we thought it was a tarp when we grabbed it from the boutique)...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[it looks a bit small, but it worked for the two of us... hmm... weird. ^-^]

We played on the beach for a couple of hours in the morning and then we went back to base, we crashed, and then Scott, Chris and I went out for another adventure.




We went spear fishing, which basically includes us swimming around with this giant spear and slingshotting the spear at tiny defenseless fish. It was amazing. We didn't catching anything persay, Scott stuck a tiny fish--but after it got stuck it expanded greatly. ... it was a blow fish... which you're not supposed to fish for... after playing with it Chris and Scott promptly get rid of it... ;o) Chris stabbed a tiny fish but it wriggled off of the spear. It was definatly good times.

Later this night we played, and watched, a dodgeball tournament. The Compassion DTS team definatly won the entire tournament, too bad Chris and I weren't on the team, haha.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[winners ...]

Well Chris and I weren't planning on playing but each dodgeball team needs 8 people. On the way down to watch Iceman [the guy from Iceland--asked Chris to join his team] and he did. Check out the depends...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was recruited by a younger kids team that needed one more, check me out--I'm walking with a ball...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fun stuff. Today and yesterday were freakishly busy. I'm definatly going to bed now, I should have been sleeping like 5 hours ago. I'm freakin' beat. I love you guys. Talk to you soon! :o)
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:59 PM

3 [comments...]

Ah, i Definatley miss you guys. Sounds like fun though. we miss you here at WOG. But yea, you should drop me an email sometime, track4owns@yahoo.com but yea, you guys are amazing, i frikking love you!
-Caleb
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM  
holy crap those pictures on the mountain were friggin awesome... hey chris, too bad you didn't have a skeleton mask on that camping trip... or wes...

Wes:"chris!..... chris!... what is that!"

Chris:"...it's a caterpillar...."
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  
that trip looks so fun. those sunsets are beautiful! oh my gosh! love it, nice photography too guys ;) Hahaha and that video with chris.... great. i love it. Good think you guys were tough enough to handle that camping trip you know i would have died ;)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

[Add a comment]