dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Thursday, October 06, 2005
What is today again???
I sit here to reflect upon my day, but I can't remember... what I did.
I remember getting up, as I do everyday, and getting food. I remember going to my Compassion group Praise and Worship--and I remember that I think that it has to change... it's targeted to a bit of a larger age group. I remember going to lecuture and hearing Loren Cunningham, he is the founder of YWAM. He reminds me of a Grandpa who likes to tell stories... and BOY did he tell stories. LONG stories... that had great depth and relevance to everything we talk about... ha. :o)
I think I've figured him out, if that were possible, and his philosophy--which I am reading in his book right now--is to spend time with God in quiet time. (Reading the Bible, thinking on his word) Then discerning God's voice, and then after that--obey God. It seems so simple, and yet it feels rather difficult. In any case that's what we talked about all day until lunch--then after lunch we had work duties.
Work duties today was amazingly slow, Todd--the boss--likes to maticulosuly go over EVER little detail about everything... after we spent a LONG time going over computer stuff that I already know we jumped into coding. Well Jin Young and me did--Jin (pronounced Chin) has programmed before. He is also one of my roommates, and he's made games with Visual C++ while I've just done web design stuff. He seems to know what he is talking about and we worked together... it was fun. He doesn't know English very well yet--but he is gettting better. I ate dinner with him as well and that was neat--we talked about random stuff here and there. It was definatly a cool experience. He is from South Korea... Wanna hear something funny? I've asked a few Koreans where they are from... and then I asked if they were from North Korea... I'm a bit thick. LOL They respond in the funniest ways. Anyways...
After dinner I went to Thursday night chapel--we do Praise and Worship and Loren talked again. He ... talked ... FOREVER. He actually said something significant about every book in the Bible... there are 66 books in the Bible... he was rather long winded tonight. (I'm tired while writing this... can you tell?)
After we went down to town and bought a Pizza and ate it, and we chatted, then we went our seperate ways and now... I'm here. I've placed an order on the internet for an Acoustic-Electric guitar, I have just enough of my own spending money from when I was working in AZ to buy it and a hard case. It was going to be really nice--I'm excited. I should be getting it on either Monday or Tuesday. WELL... I'm going to go to sleep. Night ya'll.
: : : justy : : :
I remember getting up, as I do everyday, and getting food. I remember going to my Compassion group Praise and Worship--and I remember that I think that it has to change... it's targeted to a bit of a larger age group. I remember going to lecuture and hearing Loren Cunningham, he is the founder of YWAM. He reminds me of a Grandpa who likes to tell stories... and BOY did he tell stories. LONG stories... that had great depth and relevance to everything we talk about... ha. :o)
I think I've figured him out, if that were possible, and his philosophy--which I am reading in his book right now--is to spend time with God in quiet time. (Reading the Bible, thinking on his word) Then discerning God's voice, and then after that--obey God. It seems so simple, and yet it feels rather difficult. In any case that's what we talked about all day until lunch--then after lunch we had work duties.
Work duties today was amazingly slow, Todd--the boss--likes to maticulosuly go over EVER little detail about everything... after we spent a LONG time going over computer stuff that I already know we jumped into coding. Well Jin Young and me did--Jin (pronounced Chin) has programmed before. He is also one of my roommates, and he's made games with Visual C++ while I've just done web design stuff. He seems to know what he is talking about and we worked together... it was fun. He doesn't know English very well yet--but he is gettting better. I ate dinner with him as well and that was neat--we talked about random stuff here and there. It was definatly a cool experience. He is from South Korea... Wanna hear something funny? I've asked a few Koreans where they are from... and then I asked if they were from North Korea... I'm a bit thick. LOL They respond in the funniest ways. Anyways...
After dinner I went to Thursday night chapel--we do Praise and Worship and Loren talked again. He ... talked ... FOREVER. He actually said something significant about every book in the Bible... there are 66 books in the Bible... he was rather long winded tonight. (I'm tired while writing this... can you tell?)
After we went down to town and bought a Pizza and ate it, and we chatted, then we went our seperate ways and now... I'm here. I've placed an order on the internet for an Acoustic-Electric guitar, I have just enough of my own spending money from when I was working in AZ to buy it and a hard case. It was going to be really nice--I'm excited. I should be getting it on either Monday or Tuesday. WELL... I'm going to go to sleep. Night ya'll.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:55 PM
1 [comments...]
too bad theres not 666 books in the bible... :(
, at 7:35 PM
