dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Monday, November 07, 2005

[blank]

I couldn't think of anything at all to title this day as...

Today was a good day. I've been noticing that I've been changing slowly as we progress through DTS. That some of the ways that I think are changing, I'm becoming less critical--well less critical in a negative way--I'm learning when to keep quiet when times call for it. It's a neat transformation. I'm also seeing that I am thinking more of a kingdom impact mind. It's interesting. So, the city that I am going to in Cambodia is called Batdambong. I am going to be doing more research on it soon enough. But I am getting excited about it. I can't wait.

I am praying about extended Outreach. I may have the opportunity to stay a bit longer if time and money permits (and of course God).

OH! This week is going to be freakin' amazing during lecture. There is this 26 year old girl from this organization called the International Justice Mission. It's an NPO (non-profit organization) that is dedicated to seeing the poor and opressed helped. She is speaking on Justice and on how God wants us to seek justice for those who cannot help themselves. For example tonight she talked and showed some undercover footage of the Children's Sex Trade in Cambodia. It is so horrible that they have kids as young as 5 prostituting to make people money... this NPO with some of their undercover investigators (cops), and social workers take footage of what's going on--in a sting like fasion. After they get the footage they show it to the government and the government has to act, if the government doesn't act then IJM [internationl justice mission] shows it to our Government and they make sanctions against the other governments until they start to fix this problem. It's very neat.

The speakers name is Bethany and she's a Princeton gradutaion with a Masters in Divinity--she got an endowment and paid NOTHING to go there... If I can pay NOTHING to go to Princeton I'd go. How sweet would that be!?!? That's all.

So all that to say, lectures are going to be good this week. I can't wait.

Sleep awaits. TTFN - that's all for now.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 11:03 PM

1 [comments...]

no justy, TTFN means Ta-Ta For Now... didn't you ever watch Whinnie The Pooh? GEEZE!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 PM  

[Add a comment]