dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
The thing is creaking next to me as I type...
I think the monitor to my left is freaking out. Oh man... every time I start to type it makes noise... hopefully I can push past that to let you in on my day! :o)
Alright, so, ( i had to turn off the computer... wow..), today... lecture in the morning. We have this guy speaking on freedom from the bondages of this world (a.k.a satan and his devices) which is really good stuff. He is talking about practical ways out of depression and anger and what not and he is also dabbling into the spiritual strongholds that the enemy uses to distract us and bring us down. Good stuff.
Then we did some of our Outreach prep, which meant that we did a kind of Readers Theater, they broke us down into small groups of people and we had to read a script to the audeince in a fun and interactive sort of way. I was the Host of a gameshow--it was definatly a fun time.
For the optional tonight I watched Hotel Rwanda. It was amazingly sad and I was surprised that all of that happened and not one entity interfered. So many people died in 1994--and there were no countries that were willing to intervine. Then I think to the other African countries, honestly, so many things are happening down there and not many people are taking notice. Think about the things in the states as well--there are programs in effect, people are being helped--but my mindset is... what more can we do? Rather we need to be doing more... interesting thought. I'm really tired so that may be a bit more jumbled than it should have been.
Then I was able to connect with a few people on the way back to my room--and then my Homework started... now i'm here. Sleep will come soon... really freakishly soon.
Pray: That God's voice and wisdom are given to my leaders ... the are deciding on our Outreach teams and the way that they should go. The number of people in each group, the locations of the outreaches, the people in each team, the ministry focuses and what not as well. So... pray for us. THANKS! :o)
"It's sleepy [hammer] time!"
: : : justy : : :
-------------
"Wow Chris is posting!?"
So ofcourse my day went just about the same like always. Exept I went to a lecture instead of seing Rwanda. The guy was talking about being passive, and how it hinders us from so much. It was funny, he asked all the girls in the room if they wanted a passive man...it was a unanimous NO. Kinda funny. We found a partner and prayed with them, but in a different way. We had to pray with them looking them in the eyes the whole time. The reactions to that were pretty interesting. It was good stuff!
I'm in agrement; please pray for outreach, mainly that God's voice is heard in the dicision making process that my leaders are going through.
..//chris
Alright, so, ( i had to turn off the computer... wow..), today... lecture in the morning. We have this guy speaking on freedom from the bondages of this world (a.k.a satan and his devices) which is really good stuff. He is talking about practical ways out of depression and anger and what not and he is also dabbling into the spiritual strongholds that the enemy uses to distract us and bring us down. Good stuff.
Then we did some of our Outreach prep, which meant that we did a kind of Readers Theater, they broke us down into small groups of people and we had to read a script to the audeince in a fun and interactive sort of way. I was the Host of a gameshow--it was definatly a fun time.
For the optional tonight I watched Hotel Rwanda. It was amazingly sad and I was surprised that all of that happened and not one entity interfered. So many people died in 1994--and there were no countries that were willing to intervine. Then I think to the other African countries, honestly, so many things are happening down there and not many people are taking notice. Think about the things in the states as well--there are programs in effect, people are being helped--but my mindset is... what more can we do? Rather we need to be doing more... interesting thought. I'm really tired so that may be a bit more jumbled than it should have been.
Then I was able to connect with a few people on the way back to my room--and then my Homework started... now i'm here. Sleep will come soon... really freakishly soon.
Pray: That God's voice and wisdom are given to my leaders ... the are deciding on our Outreach teams and the way that they should go. The number of people in each group, the locations of the outreaches, the people in each team, the ministry focuses and what not as well. So... pray for us. THANKS! :o)
"It's sleepy [hammer] time!"
: : : justy : : :
-------------
"Wow Chris is posting!?"
So ofcourse my day went just about the same like always. Exept I went to a lecture instead of seing Rwanda. The guy was talking about being passive, and how it hinders us from so much. It was funny, he asked all the girls in the room if they wanted a passive man...it was a unanimous NO. Kinda funny. We found a partner and prayed with them, but in a different way. We had to pray with them looking them in the eyes the whole time. The reactions to that were pretty interesting. It was good stuff!
I'm in agrement; please pray for outreach, mainly that God's voice is heard in the dicision making process that my leaders are going through.
..//chris
Justin, 10:36 PM
1 [comments...]
I like passive... passive is good... well in world of warcraft at least... cause if theres a level 50 elite and you're only level 40 you hope that its passive cause if not... well then... you're dead...
, at 10:32 AM
