dtstraveljournal

Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.

Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com
[for important e-mail updates from the mission field]
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com

Friday, December 02, 2005

Happy Day...

Enjoy!

You ever had Easy Mac? That stuff is near Jesus quality--ok... so not THAT good... but it's pretty tasty. I, Chris, and Scott dinned on some Easy Mac curtousy of Tiff after our grueling game of Psychiatrist. It's a game where one person has to figure out what the common condition is on a large group of people. We played it for, no joke, 2 hours. Mr. Chris was our Psych guy and he did a very good job figuring it out.

BEFORE that we played Mafia -- where I successfully dodged all attempts, when I was Mafia, of being killed... (Alright, so I was Mafia ONE time... but who is counting ... right? I did a darn good job! :o))

EVEN BEFORE that... we saw this guy, and I can't recall his name right now, even if I could he asked us to not take pictures or tell people that he came to the base, and he is some guy that is a really talented vocalist. He can beat-box and sing at the SAME time... while keeping a beat. It was pretty HardCore. I was surprised. Anyway he talked to us about how he wants to see Christain artists infiltrating the secular world--effecting more people than just the Christians. Kind of the Jesus concept of "The well don't need a Dr... but the sick do.". It was pretty neat. Apperantly he's a big deal in Europe and his sister is a big deal here. It was neat.

The rest of the day went well. Oh... we missed lunch. That was sad, but good, so really it was bittersweet because the DTS's met together and we raised money for all in need... out of $121,000 needed they raised $61,000 out of poor DTS students... God's pretty neat.

Alrighty. I think that was the most comprihensive update (well we know that Justin cannot spell) that I've done in a long while. Enjoy! ... I probably should have said Enjoy at the beginning... maybe I'll put that now. I did. Night.
: : : justy : : :
Justin, 12:59 PM

2 [comments...]

I love the game Mafia!! I used to play it all the time when I was there.
Shannon
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:08 AM  
:) I'm glad you had a good day!
Debbie F.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 AM  

[Add a comment]