dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Sunday, January 15, 2006
crazy prayer day [cambodia]
On Sunday we went to the Church that we are going to be apart of for the next 5 weeks. It's a four-square church and it's really neat. Most of the attendants are Children. Our team introduced ourselves and we talked to them a bit and then I gave a message. It was pretty fun and I enjoyed it. We sang some songs, some that I did not enjoy--hehe I don't know if that's in my giftings, and then we watched the Cambodian kids to body worship (which is singing and doing actions with songs) it was sweet!
We were able to come back later that day and Krista and I organized things for us to do for just the kids. I used a few things from the flipt curriculum and we do Jesus being Tempted in the desert and we had different tempting situations for the kids to be in-- one girl with gum almost in her mouth, another boy with a soda and a straw in his, and another with a secret bag. It was funny because in America the kids would have cracked but here the Cambodian kids won't do anything that they aren't supposed too -- hehe so it was funny.
Today Taylor and I had open ministry and we walked to a Pagoda, on the way we met some kids that we are going to play soccer with later, and then we went and talked to some monks, and then we came back. It was amazingly fun. We are starting to settle in and we are finding our ministry's slowly but surely. God is good.
Prayer:
Health- Taylor is feeling better, as am I, lets keep that up... and pray that no one else gets sick. Susanna (5 year old in the Kiwi family) has a chest cough... it needs to go away.
Wisdom- That we'd be growing in it...
Power- We'd walk in the way that God'd want us to.
Direction- following God.
Ádios! :o)
-justin
Justin, 8:29 PM