dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Friday, January 20, 2006
What a week... :o) w00t [cambodia]
This past week, since last Sunday, has been crazy. We have done so much and I am definitely not going to do it justice in this update.
A few things that are concrete that you should know. I am learning and growing in so many different ways that it isn't even funny. I am learning to hear God's voice more and more everyday and I'm having a great time. Just this week I had emailed someone (oh about email, I need to apologize for not sending an email back to everyone that has emailed be this week... I am slowly running out of time to check all of them and then to send them... I will do my best to send an email to you as I have the ability...) about things that I was praying about for them and some things that I felt God saying to me. And here is the exciting part!!! Everything that I was praying for her about was right on. Who's actually hearing God from across the Pacific? JUSTIN IS. That's all.
So on Sunday I spoke at Church, it seemed to go well, something that I really enjoyed is that the church that we are apart of (It's a 4-square church, funded by American 4-Square Org. Each 4-square church has an orphanage attached...), most of the congregation of the church are kids. It was AWESOME! We go to preach to kids who have a REAL relationship with God. It's freaking awesome. They all pray and they seem to have great understanding, it rocked. In the afternoon on Sunday after lunch we went back and we played games with them and loved on them. It was amazing. (for some reason I feel that I've updated this information before... maybe i already did... whoops!)
Throughout the week I made some cool connections with some people here. One of my favorite connections this week was with a monk that I met at the Pagoda, and at the English class that we teach, and his name is Sambath (pronounced Sam-baat) he is 28 and he is a monk. He is a monk that is VERY conscious of social justice, which is really funny because we talked about the differences in society between America and Cambodia. And he was VERY open... which made me laugh because here in Cambodia there really isn't "free speech" as we know it in America. It was really cool. I'll be going back to see him a few times each week before we leave Cambodia.
A few things that are concrete that you should know. I am learning and growing in so many different ways that it isn't even funny. I am learning to hear God's voice more and more everyday and I'm having a great time. Just this week I had emailed someone (oh about email, I need to apologize for not sending an email back to everyone that has emailed be this week... I am slowly running out of time to check all of them and then to send them... I will do my best to send an email to you as I have the ability...) about things that I was praying about for them and some things that I felt God saying to me. And here is the exciting part!!! Everything that I was praying for her about was right on. Who's actually hearing God from across the Pacific? JUSTIN IS. That's all.
So on Sunday I spoke at Church, it seemed to go well, something that I really enjoyed is that the church that we are apart of (It's a 4-square church, funded by American 4-Square Org. Each 4-square church has an orphanage attached...), most of the congregation of the church are kids. It was AWESOME! We go to preach to kids who have a REAL relationship with God. It's freaking awesome. They all pray and they seem to have great understanding, it rocked. In the afternoon on Sunday after lunch we went back and we played games with them and loved on them. It was amazing. (for some reason I feel that I've updated this information before... maybe i already did... whoops!)
Throughout the week I made some cool connections with some people here. One of my favorite connections this week was with a monk that I met at the Pagoda, and at the English class that we teach, and his name is Sambath (pronounced Sam-baat) he is 28 and he is a monk. He is a monk that is VERY conscious of social justice, which is really funny because we talked about the differences in society between America and Cambodia. And he was VERY open... which made me laugh because here in Cambodia there really isn't "free speech" as we know it in America. It was really cool. I'll be going back to see him a few times each week before we leave Cambodia.
I'll give you a run-down of a normal day for me. Since I haven't done that yet...
6:55 - Get up
7:00 - Morning Devotions With Team
8:00 - Breakfast
9:00 - Learning Khmer (Cambodian Language)
10:00 - 11:59 - Ministry Time #1
12:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 'Rest Time'
2:00 - 4:00 Ministry Time #2
4:00 - 6:00 Ministry Time #3
6:00 - Dinner
7:00 - 8:30 (Team Time if needed)
@ night I do a bit of a 'Quiet Time' with God
Sleep after that...
Ministry Times consist of: Hospital Ministry/Teaching English (I do this at least 3 days a week)/Going to Pagoda/Doing Sports Ministry/Church Orphanage/Government Orphanage/Open Ministry/Planning Meetings for other MT's
It's a pretty packed day. I've noticed that I'm really not a morning person and that it's wise for me to spend time with God at the end of my days because morning times are a pain in the butt... :o)
Keep praying for us as we finish out our DTS run. We have about 4 weeks left and we are looking forward to what God is going to do in us as we continue going on.
A few of the patients at the hospital have died; both Arrim and He-hom died, two of the men that the other team had loved on -- they both knew the love of Jesus because of the other team and us, and they both committed their lives to Jesus. Pray that God uses us powerfully and continually.
Health for my team is finally looking pretty good -- at least for today -- pray that it stays that way. And that we hear from God continually... I'm loving you from across the ocean.
(If you sent me an email (like 11 people) I will respond as soon as I can... I may not have time to do it right now because I have to meet some of my other team really soon. I love you!)
-justin
*** I need to tell you about Jesus wraps... ... I almost forgot. They are these floury tortillas that have been fried and they've been basked in a sweet sauce. Oh man... the name (which we named them ourselves... Jesus Wraps) does them justice... they are freakin' amazing. I'm going to try to learn to make them ... HOLY CRAP... they're good... :o) that's all.***
Justin, 9:47 PM