dtstraveljournal
Purpose: To catalogue and display information and pictures regarding the DTS experience for Chris and Justin.
| Subscribe to dtstraveljournal.blogspot.com [for important e-mail updates from the mission field] |
|
| Browse Archives at groups.google.com |
Friday, February 10, 2006
&$*#& [cambodia]
This is our last week here in Cambodia -- but let's recap a bit of this week so that everyone is on the same page...
Over the last week, even though I'm giving an update I will undoubtedly forget a detail here or there... so I apologize ahead of time. We've done a lot this last week... and I've enjoyed it SO much!
#1:
Taylor... well he did something that was 1/2 dumb and 1/2 REALLY funny... alright so as a joke he was talking to our translator Tom. (We were in our room...) And Taylor pretended to light a M-80 whistling firework... only he forgot about the pretending part and he accidentally lit it on fire. He thought, "No big deal... I'll just lick my finger and put it out..."... How wrong he was. As he frantically tried to put out the already lit wick thing he went berserk... he got up... sat down... and he tried to hold the firework in his hand so that it wouldn't go off... bad news. It still went off... two mini-explosions later he let go and on the third mini-explosion the rocket blew itself to pieces. Taylor, thank God, walked away with only a bad ... ok so his hand hurt a bit... he burned it pretty good... but our story didn't end there... remember how I said that we were in our room. He definitely woke up the entire house... we had Pally the Khmer lady that we pay rent to run over to our room and she checked everything out... she called a doctor, and within minutes we had 8 Khmer people in our room and all of them were half worried and half laughing... because it was amazing.
Yeah -- that was this weeks' story.. :o)
We had another mini-field day on Thursday ... it was quite fun. The kids loved it and we loved loving on them. I met with my monks again for two days this week... talked more and more with them... got to know them more. We are definitely praying for them daily.
And I'm sure ... well... I DID do more but right now, at this exact moment, I can't remember. I know that God did some cool things inside of me this week... that I got to know him more and more... and it was good...
Prayer Points for this week...
-Sunday church (we are praying for BIG amounts of God)
-FINISH STRONG...
-About after DTS... I'm thinking about SBS (School of Biblical Studies) that God would either confirm or deny my desire to go and do that.
W00T!!! Cambodia is amazing... :-p
What the next few weeks looks like:
Monday- Last Ministry Day
Tuesday/Wednesday- Debriefing and packing
Thursday (16)- Leaving Battambang @ 12:00 Noon
Friday - Stay @ border town.
Saturday- Meet everyone @ the Avanna Hotel (I think...)
Sunday/Monday- Chill Days (Debrief) in Thailand
Tuesday (21)- Fly Out of Bangkok to Kona
21 - Get into Kona... crazy time change
22/23- Debrief in Kona
24- Fly back to AZ
25- Early morning... get in.
This might be my last update before I get into Kona ... so be praying!
Thank you much! :o) Loving from across a long expanse of water...
<justin>
Justin, 11:46 PM